Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Blood Glucose Monitor

So I went to the doctor today to get some things straightened out.

I now have a blood glucose meter and am supposed to start testing my blood every morning then again 1-2 hours after a meal each day (she said it doesn't matter which meal, just that I test 1-2 hours afterwards.

The first one, the morning test, is supposed to tell me how I'm doing over-all on keeping things under control and improving my test levels.

The second one after a meal is to start experimenting with and learning which foods are positive for my sugar levels and which foods will negatively effect them.

If you think this sounds like a complete pain in the butt?  So do I.   But I guess I'll get used to it after a while. 

As a side note, I couldn't believe how expensive those little test strips are!!! 100 strips cost $78.00?!?  I'm so glad that we have coverage through my husband's work.   I can't imagine what people without coverage do.   The cost for those little strips is just outrageous.

No comments:

Post a Comment