Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The What I Ate Today Food Diary

YAY!  Today is cereal day!

Yes, I scheduled a cereal day.   Mom said once or twice a week and I decided that Wednesdays would be cereal days.

It's what works out best for my schedule.   Tuesdays and Fridays are mega busy days.  I don't have time to make green smoothies on those days would be a little too much pressure.

Since, when I make green smooties, I seem to always end up making enough for 2 days, this means on those days I need to make it the day before and have the second half on Tuesdays and Fridays.     This leaves possible cereal days as Saturday, Sunday or Wednesday.

Since I don't want to leave my smoothie longer than around 24 hours in the fridge (want it fresh) this means the weekend days are out. Can't make a smoothie on Sunday and have it sit there until Wednesday.    SO, Wednesday becomes the best day for cereal day.

So, this morning I had a bowl of Raisin Bran.    What I really wanted was Cookie Crisp... but, I just wasn't sure I could stop at just one bowl.   So I decided I'd hold off on that until some day in the future when I really feel the need for a treat.

Incidentally, I really liked my breakfast this morning   In fact, the raisins tasted almost too sweet for me, which kind of made it feel really indulgent.

Update 2:50pm - For lunch, which I ate while working, I had a bowl of the left over stir fry from the other day.   There's one bowl left in the fridge which I think will end up being tomorrow's lunch or possibly supper.

Update 8:50pm - My husband and I had a late supper tonight.   I know it's really not a good idea to eat at least 3-4 hours before you go to bed, but things got a little out of hand earlier and supper didn't get started at getting made until after 7:20pm.    We had grilled chicken (on the BBQ) flavored with Montreal Steak seasoning, steamed white rice, and frozen mixed veggies (they were getting a bit old and needed to be used up) with a smidgen of salt, pepper and margarine.   It was simple and really good.  I had one chicken breast with about half a cup of rice and a whole bunch of veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment