Thursday, November 8, 2012

The What I Ate Today Food Diary

As noted in my last post, I had a non-green green smoothie today.   It was made with strawberries, mango, banana and romaine with a touch of cloves.   It was the best one that I've made so far.   Oddly, my face is still making that "chlorophyll wince" when I drink my smoothies, even this one which was really good, and I'm not quite sure why now.   Maybe it's not the chlorophyll at all but the texture?

That was breakfast.   I then went to yoga.   On Thursdays I take a therapeutic yoga class to help with my mobility.  I have serious back issues and the combination of chiropractic care and yoga have pulled me back from needing a wheelchair to being able to not just walk on my own but with very little pain... and in some cases, no pain at all!  It's the best my back has felt in nearly 15 years, and that's with me being the heaviest I've ever been in my life.  

Chiropractor came second and then a doctor appointment before I could come back home for lunch.  

For lunch, I had leftovers from last night's supper.   A boneless chicken breast, 1/2 cup of white rice and about a cup of mixed frozen vegetables.  Reheated, the chicken was a little dry so I also had about a tablespoon of mayo.    And, starting to feel really deprived, I had one of those "snack size" mini Snickers bars they hand out during Halloween.

There was a 2 hour nap tucked into the afternoon hours.  The first one since I started the smoothies, actually.  I guess sometimes you just need one, regardless of how healthy you're eating.

Then, for supper I had the last bowl of leftover stir-fry from the other day. Pork, bok choy, broccoli and a bit of white rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment