Friday, November 9, 2012

Monitoring Your Blood Glucose Doesn't Hurt... Liars

Yes, I'm calling liar on the myth that all doctors and pharmacists country wide try to make you believe.

Testing your blood sugar DOES hurt dang it! 

I'm not saying that, over time, you won't get used to it.   But, the fact of the matter is that it does hurt.

I mean, not surprising when you really think about it.  It's a needle being jabbed in your finger deep enough to make you bleed.   DUH, anyone that's poked themselves with sewing on a button knows how that feels and it isn't pleasant.

So why lie about it?   That's what I want to know.  Why do doctors and pharmacists insist on telling you it doesn't hurt?   Yes, I agree, it's no big deal.  The pain isn't extreem by any means, but it does hurt and, in my case, that darned spot hurts for a whole half hour or hour afterwards.  (And yes, I am following directions on where on the finger you're supposed to poke yourself.)

Now, granted, I have a great deal of sensitivity in my fingers, heightened further by what I do for a living.   But still, needle.... finger... blood.  Ouch!

No comments:

Post a Comment