Monday, November 5, 2012

The What I Ate Today Food Diary

Ok, so I'm not really sure how well I'll keep up on this one.  I admit, I'm not an "every day joural" kind of girl.   In fact, I've never once managed to succeed at writing in a journal on a daily basis, whether that be a food journal, a private thoughts journal or any other kind of journal.

BUT, I'm going to go ahead and give it a go, and see how I do.

Today, I had a 16oz cup of my green smoothie for breakfast.  You could say it was a whole breakfast and lunch thing, since I didn't start drinking it until around 11am and I didn't finish until around 1pm. (I have a little habit of getting distracted now and then.) In my smoothie today I had 1 kiwi, 1/4 lemon, a handful of romaine lettuce, 1/4 of a mango and 1/3 of a papaya.    Still no ill effects by the way, but it's still a bit early to know how my stomach will react today.

Yesterday I bought some pork steaks and set them to marinade in the fridge in a mixture of soy, sesame oil, minced fresh garlic and ginger, and just a teaspoon of honey garlic sauce.

Today, I stirfry/steamed it all up on the stove with broccoli, bok choy and mushrooms then added in a cup of white rice.  The pork is perfect, the bok choy is a bit crunchy and the broccoli a bit mushy but all in all, the flavor is good....  And that makes supper.   The entire thing made about 3 meals worth, actually, so I'll have to put the rest in the fridge. 

And lots of water, of course.   Which, since I can't have OJ anymore is about all I'm interested in since milk just isn't appealing to me without something sugary to go with it.

Update at 5:57PM --- Okay, and 3 mini Reese's peanut butter cups.

Update at 7:58PM --- And three eggs fried with lite margarine, two slices of cheese, and a touch of salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment