Monday, November 12, 2012

The What I Ate Today Food Diary

Surprisingly, my blood sugar levels were normal this morning.   I read in at 6.3 mg/dl (115 mmol/L) when I tested this morning.

Does this mean I can eat 18 peanut butter cups a day and not worry?   Well, no.   But it -does- tell me that a little splurge and/or slip-up now and then isn't going to be the end of the world.

Today's breakfast smoothie was another success!  (Although, for some reason I'm still making the sour face when I drink it. It's a mystery but I plan on figuring it out eventually.)   It was made with two kiwis, a banana, a papaya, a small pear and the last of the romaine in the fridge (mostly romaine heart) as well as a squeeze of lemon.    It turned out a pea green color but it has really good flavor.

Between breakfast and lunch, I had four of those mini Reese's peanut butter cups.   Oddly, they tasted overly sweet today.  Still good, but much sweeter than normal.

For lunch today, I went with breakfast for lunch and hand four over easy eggs with two pieces of cheese and six pieces of low-sodium bacon.   There was too much.  My eyes were obviously bigger than my stomach today.  I think I would have been satisfied with three eggs and four pieces of bacon.   I'll have to remember that for next time.

Between lunch and supper I had four Reese's mini cups.   Then, for supper I did a stir-fry of cubed pork with onion, garlic and ginger, broccoli, bok choy and mushrooms with the leftover rice from the other day added in.    I think there's enough left over for three or four more meals.

Between supper and bed time... blah, 6 more Reese's mini peanut butter cups.  I swear, tomorrow I'm not going to touch them.

No comments:

Post a Comment